Bob Sullivan of Woodbury Connecticut poses some interesting questions for teachers who plan on giving rewards as bribes to influence behavior.
1. When you use reward, who does all the work? (The teacher or the student?)
2. What rewards will appeal to my students?
3. Can I assume every one of my students will be satisfied with my choice of rewards?
4. Where would I buy them and how much will they cost ?
5. Since rewards are more effective if they are given immediately, how will I handle presenting the rewards?
6. If the target (incentive) is too difficult for some students and they just give up, how will I handle this?
7. If some don’t achieve the objectives … >>>READ MORE >>> →