Practitioners of the Raise Responsibility System move into a stress reducing mode, and young people become more responsible because:
- The youngster self-evaluates
- The youngster acknowledges inappropriate behavior
- The youngster takes ownership
- The youngster develops a plan
- The youngster develops a procedure to implement the plan
The system is so effective because:
- Positivity is a more constructive teacher than negativity.
- Choice empowers.
- Self-evaluation is essential for lasting improvement.
- People choose their own behaviors.
- Self-correction is the most effective approach for changing behavior.
- Acting responsibly is the most satisfying of rewards.
- Growth is greater when authority is used without punishment.