I’d like to share with you two simple words that will change your life. Some may even say this is the greatest two-word tip of all time.
These two words are the single, best advice for improving your effectiveness in any endeavor.
I encourage you to write these two words down and perhaps tape them to your bathroom mirror so you will look at them every morning as you begin your day. These two words can enhance your career and bring more satisfaction and joy to your life. If you are a classroom teacher, use the two words with your students. Likewise, if you are in an educational or leadership position, use these two words to prompt improvement in others. And if you are a parent, use these two words to foster stronger relationships with your children. Yes, these words are so powerful that they will most certainly change your life.
The two words are, “Extend yourself.”
What does that mean?
- Say thank you to even the smallest gesture
- Acknowledge that e-mail
- Make that phone call
- Spend a little more time with those important to you
- Share one more experience
- Help one more individual
- Turn off your phone and listen to the person you’re with
- Follow through on what you said you’d do
- Do one more thing today that you might have put off until tomorrow
Tip: If you want to change your life, you have to start with your daily actions. Extend yourself and see the results not only for the other person but also, and perhaps more importantly, for yourself.
- For more information about living without stress, visit WithoutStress.com.
- Watch, share, and subscribe to my “Video Insights” YouTube Channel.
- If you are an educator, visit TeachWithoutStress.com.
- To handle every discipline/behavior problem simply and easily, visit DisciplineOnline.com
- To view Dr. Marshall’s award-winning line of products, visit PiperPress.com
- To have Dr. Marvin Marshall do a Zoom session with you, visit MarvinMarshall.com.
- To learn more about everything Dr. Marvin Marshall offers, click here.